Tometa Software, Inc. of Spokane Washington is looking for an honest, detail oriented, sincere, well mannered and professional Lead Technician to participate in our skyrocketing growth.
You do not need to be a programming expert for this position, just have broad knowledge of programming techniques, technologies, well organized and financially astute.
We are a Gold Microsoft Certified Partner who designs and develops robust software solutions. In a nutshell: we design (applications, web sites, networks, and databases), we write software (in over 35 languages), we consult on high technology (for all sizes of companies), and we customize our own unique commercial software products.
We deliver the highest standards to our clients and we expect the highest standards from our employees.
Tometa is 100% up-to-speed on the latest products, has real-world experience, proven expertise via rigorous certification. Tometa Software has the knowledge and experienced staff to design, implement and execute an entire suite of end-to-end Information Technology (IT) solutions to meet your companies business goals and objectives.
These are just some of the responsibilities you will have:
- Technical Troubleshooting & Tuning—participate in troubleshooting, and performance tuning and optimization activities within the team.
- Production Support—provision and monitor for appropriate responsiveness and support for production systems, applications, and SLAs.
- Standards & Procedures—define coding standards and development cycle best practices and methodologies, and monitor for adherence.
- Capacity Planning/Resource Management.
- Management Reporting—provide general status and activity reporting as required.
- Maintaining positive relationships with peers and other teams.
- Misc. business-related duties associated with a growing company.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will also have a solid performance history focused on the following performance factors:
- 1+ years of software development experience is required. School counts!
- Strong written communication skills (including spelling and grammar).
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain an excellent line of communication with developers and non-developers.
- Must have ability to manage large-scale projects under significant constraints, such as short time frames.
- Constantly sensitive to project timeline deliverables.
- Project management.
- Priority setting.
- Problem solving.
- Functional / Technical Skills.
- Ability to work without constant oversight.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Directing others.
- Drive for results.
- Ethics / Values.
- Managing and measuring work.
- Ability to manage professional software engineers.
- Experience in aligning business objectives and departmental workload.
- Must have ability to direct the activities of subordinates in planning, organizing, scheduling, monitoring and evaluating.
- Knowledge of .NET architecture platform and related technologies is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience in either Microsoft Windows development technologies or Java development technologies.
- Work from verbal and written instructions of varying levels of detail.
- Ability to take direction from a Director.
- Effectively manage both personal and work needs.
- Exhibits a high level of individual initiative and self motivation.
- Effectively mentors and motivates.
- Effectively recognizes team weaknesses and strengths, performance issues and credits, and moral and job satisfaction issues.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Basic cabling (CAT V, Organization) skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Networks.
- Hardware assembly (Building, upgrading, repairing PC’s).
- HTML, Microsoft .NET, PHP and database knowledge.
- The ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve a problem of unknown origin and cause.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems in unfamiliar environment.